Previous Meeting Minutes
Sequoia Ski Club Minutes
May 9, 2017 at home of Curt and Janet Lange
Meeting was called to order by Woody Hogan, President, at 8:30 pm following a delicious potluck dinner hosted by Curt and Janet Lange. There were 11 members present.
Secretary’s Report: Sherry Babagian, Secretary
- Sherry read the minutes from the last meeting, January 19, 2017.
- Mike Bowers moved and Tom Babagian seconded the motion to approve the minutes in its entirety.
- Minutes were approved unanimously.
Treasurer’s Report: Janet Lange, Treasurer
- Janet Lange dispersed copies of the treasurer’s report for March, April through May 9, 2017.
- Sherry Babagian moved and Debbie Stewart seconded the motion to approve the treasurer’s report; treasurer’s report was approved unanimously.
- A copy of the treasurer’s report will be attached to the minutes.
Membership Report: Mike Bowers, Chairman
- There are 12 members
- Membership fee for next year will be kept the same.
Social Director: Tom Babagian, Chairman,
- Tom will look into planning a ski club social in August.
Webmaster: George Stewart, Webmaster
- George has kept up with posts for the Sequoia Ski Club on the Sequoia Ski and Snowboard Club website.
VP of Travel: Debbie Stewart, Vice President
- FWSA Trip to Chili has been postponed.
- FWSA Fall Trip to India, 2018; see FWSA Website for details.
- FWSA International ski trip March 3-11, 2018 to Les Trois Vallees, France with extension to Lyon, Beaune and Paris, March 11-18, 2018; open for 60-80 people. See the FWSA Website for more details.
- FWSA Ski Week February 3-10, 2018, Banff, Canada; See FWSA Website for more details.
- FWSA Convention in Boise, ID June 6-11, 2017. Debbie and George Stewart will attend this year’s FWSA Convention.
Election of Officers: Slate of Officers
- President: Woody Hogan
- Vice President: Debbie Stewart
- Secretary: Sherry Babagian
- Treasurer: Janet Lange
- VP of Travel: Debbie Stewart
- Membership: Mike Bowers
- Social Director: Tom Babagian
- Webmaster: George Stewart
- VP of Club Travel: Woody Hogan
- Mike Bowers moved and Tom Babagian seconded the motion to approve the slate of officers.
- The slate of officers was approved unanimously.
- Woody Hogan, president, discussed the possibility of going to Brian Head Ski Area next year during Christmas.
- Woody Hogan, president, will set the next meeting date to be in October, 2017; Sherry Babagian, secretary will notify membership by email.
Meeting was closed at 9:15 pm.
Sherry Babagian, Secretary
Rafting on the Truckee River